Overall Length: 14.625" (with Saya/Sheath)
Unsheathed: 13.375" (Blade & Handle)
Blade Material: SK5 High Carbon Steel
Blade Length : 9"
Sageo Cord Wrap Handle, Epoxy coated
Copper Habaki & Copper Spacer
Buffalo Horn Tsuba (Guard) & Pin
Rubber Tree Wood Saya Scabbard (Sheath) decorated with Epoxy Art Paintings, Buffalo Horn Tip & Copper Cord Ring.
Professionally Clay Hardened Heat Treated, to produce a natural Hamon. 59 HRC.
Our Japanese Style Tanto Series has been a collaborated effort from Thailand's most talented Swordsmiths. This gorgeous Japanese Design Tanto Sword has been hand forged by Thai Blacksmith, Poom Chongkittiruk. Poom delivers an exceptional hand forged SK5 steel blade with traditional Japanese finishing touches. He skillfully moulded the steel to shape and then heat treated and polished the 3/4 hidden tang blade to enhance the contrast of the Clay Tempered Hamon.
"Mr. A" (Anucha) masterfully completed the handle work, using traditional Japanese techniques. He hand forged and welded the Copper Habaki, and he created a Tsubu using genuine Buffalo Horn, unifying the blade to the the Epoxy coated cord wrapped handle. The handle uses a Buffalo Horn pin for extra strength and security. His artistic designs are highlighted in the Saya Scabbard, with Rubber Tree wood decorated with Epoxy coated paintings, Buffalo Horn spacer & Copper cord ring.
Together they have created a stunning piece of functional art. Japanese influenced, Thai Made, the crafting of a timeless piece that has a story to tell with every fixture and fine craftsmanship. This is truly a functional conversational piece that will last generations.
*READY TO SHIP* Item (As of July 30). Will be shipped 1-2 week express, and insured included in shipping price.
1. 48 Hour cancellations
Enjoy up to 48 hours to change your mind. After that, no take backs. It's yours forever.
2. Maker's Guarantee
If a handmade product breaks, simply pay for shipping back and forth to have it fixed free of charge for the working lifetime of the maker.
3. Safe with Siam
Our website is 100% verified & all customer info and transactions are securely encrypted with the latest technology. Shop with confidence.
Have a question?
Our dedicated customer service team lives and breathes this stuff. Get help with an order update or shipping tracking. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is my order taking so long?
- Please consult with our current queue times to get an estimate on how long each individual order currently takes to make. as well as current shipping estimates.
- Since our products are exceptionally handmade with attentive skill by our artisan Thai makers, we don't rush our artists when completing an order but we're always available to provide a friendly update.
- We maintain constant communication between our makers & clients, to ensure a trustworthy and confident service from start to finish. Would you like to see progress pics? Shoot us a quick email to get an update.
Why is Shipping taking forever? Looks like the package hasn't moved since it left Thailand!?
- Since COVID started early 2020, Shipping providers around the world have removed shipping guarantees and delays are to be expected in some cases. We sincerely apologize for any delays, which are unfortunately outside of our control once we ship a package. We do offer free shipping to compensate, with direct quotes available for faster shipping methods. Our customer service team is ready to help with tracking logistics.
- Once shipped, Thailand Post or DHL does an exceptional job ensuring our packages leave the country within a few days, en route to the destination. Usually within 3-7 days at time of shipping will each package leave Thailand, with updated tracking available. International Postal services in your home country may be impacted by COVID and may experience intermittent delays. Please investigate with your local service to see if they are facing delays.
- Due to postal service delays ranging from 2 weeks-6 months, we are investigating these cases as requested. Please allow several weeks to accommodate delays and please contact us if it's taking longer than expected.
- Please allow us this time to recover any lost or returning shipments & product in the event of returned or undeliverable packages. We will start an investigation immediately once notified on all lost or delayed shipments.